I'm a research assistant at the Media Computing Group.
Fab Academy 2018 Graduate
The Fab Academy is a fast paced, hands-on learning experience where students plan and execute a new project each week. Each individual documents their progress for each project, resulting in a personal portfolio of technical accomplishments.
- What is the difference from Fab Labs with a university context to general makerspaces
- Which chances are provided by the university context and how can we learn from each other
- Which purpose/function do we have in the maker movement and how can the movement evolve
|SS 2019||Designing Interactive Systems II
Lecture TA Lab tutor, with Sebastian Hueber
|WS 2018/2019||Media Computing Project
Lab tutor, with Christian Cherek
|SS 2018||Multimodal Media Madness
Lab tutor, with Jan Thar
|Patrick Feser||Design tool Smart Jewelry||MA|
|Mitski Piekenbrock||Smart jewelry: Appearance changing necklaces & emotions||BA|
Supervisor: Christian Cherek
My Master's Thesis: Tangible Awareness - How Tangibles on Tabletops Influence Spatial and Situational Awareness
Supervisor: Christian Corsten
My Bachelor's Thesis: Repurposing Everyday Objects as Controllers Using Signifiers
An arrow marks a major peer-reviewed archival publication.
- Oliver Stickel, Melanie Stilz, Anke Brocker, Jan Borchers and Volkmar Pipek. Fab:UNIverse - Makerspaces, Fab Labs and Lab Managers in Academia. In Proceedings of the FabLearn Europe 2019 Conference, FabLearn Europe '19, pages 19:1–19:2, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2019.
- Anke Brocker, Simon Voelker, Tony Zelun Zhang, Mathis Müller and Jan Borchers. Flowboard: A Visual Flow-Based Programming Environment for Embedded Coding. In Extended Abstracts of the 2019 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI EA '19, ACM, New York, NY, USA, May 2019.
- Christian Cherek, Anke Brocker, Simon Voelker and Jan Borchers. Tangible Awareness: How Tangibles on Tabletops Influence Awareness of Each Other’s Actions. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI '18, pages 298:1–298:7, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2018.
- Anke Brocker. Tangible Awareness - How Tangibles on Tabletops Influence Spatial and Situational Awareness. Masters's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, September 2017.
- Anke Brocker. Repurposing Everyday Objects as Controllers Using Signifiers. Bachelor's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, March 2015.