Terra Mosana is a collaboration between municipalities, heritage sites, museums, universities and citizens to reinforce the attractiveness of tourism and shared identity in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine through the digital exploitation of cultural heritage. Citizens and tourists will experience Euregional heritage in 3D and on-site through virtual and augmented reality. In the long term, the network aims at developing a digital platform gathering digital copies of archaeological and heritage sites. The project runs from June 1, 2018 until November 30, 2021, and is funded by the EU through its European Regional Development Fund. More details can be found on the INTERREG EMR project website and the Terra Mosana website.
- Université de Liège (BEL)
- Ville de Liège (BEL)
- Maastricht (NLD)
- Stad Tongeren (BEL)
- Stadt Aachen (DEU)
- Institut du Patrimoine wallon - Archéoforum (BEL)
- Maastricht Centre for Arts and Culture, Conservation and Heritage - MACCH (NLD)
- RWTH Aachen University (DEU)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (BEL)
- Museum Zitadelle Jülich (DEU)
- Provincie Limburg (BEL)
- Gemeente Leopoldsburg (BEL)
We synchronize the efforts for the technical implementation of the mobile on-site experiences. This includes definition of file exchange formats for the different stakeholders, scanning the Aachen Cathedral, and creating the connected mobile on-site experience for Aachen.