Contact & Directions
Clarissa de Gavarelli (administrator)
Tel.: +49 (241) 80-21051
Fax: +49 (241) 80-22050
Additional office staff:
Administrative Office Hours for all Student Inquiries
Mon, Wed, Fri 13:00–15:00 h (room 2208)
temporarily only by email or phone possible
Back Office Hours:
Vera: Wed + Thu 9:00–14:00
Sofie: Mon + Fr 9:00–15:00
RWTH Aachen University
Lehrstuhl Informatik 10
52056 Aachen, Germany
Visitor and delivery address:
Main Building (#2350), 2nd floor, Room 2208
52074 Aachen, Germany
GPS Coordinates: 50.778899 N, 6.059341 E
The following bus lines stop at the Computer Science building (use the stop Halifaxstr.): 12, 22, 23, 33, 73, 75.
From the bus stop, use the main entrance on Ahornstraße 55, walk across the foyer, up the stairs to your left to the second floor, through the first set of doors. Our large seminar room 2222 is to your right. Otherwise, press the large doorbell button to call our administrator Clarissa who will buzz you in. Walk down the hallway to her office on your left (room 2208). Call her at +49-241-80-21051 if you get lost. The Media Space, our smaller meeting room, is on the same floor (room 2212). If you can't reach Clarissa, use the doorbell to call your contact at the chair.
You can reach Aachen easily by train. Get off at the main station (Aachen Hbf) and take a taxi to Ahornstr. 55 for less than 10 €. Regional trains also stop at Aachen West station, from which it is a 5 minute bus ride (lines 33 or 73, see above).
Some travel times (hispeed trains, direct or 1 stopover):
- Bruxelles: 1 hour, every hour
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA): 90 minutes to 2 hours, several connections per hour
- Paris: 2 hours 45 minutes, every few hours
- London: 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, every few hours.
Düsseldorf (DUS) and Cologne (CGN) airports are both an hour away and have many national and international connections. Frankfurt international airport (FRA) is Germany's biggest international hub, and it's 1.5 to 2 hours by train from the terminal to Aachen Hbf.
Get off the A4 on exit #2 (Laurensberg), and drive towards "RWTH/Hörn" until you are on Halifaxstr. and crossing Ahornstr. There's a small parking lot on Halifaxstr. to your left, and a larger one around the corner in Mies-van-der-Rohe-Str. to your left. Enter the building from the parking lot on Halifaxstr. Now decide:
- To get to our seminar room 2222, walk down the hallway to your left to the foyer, go up the stairs on your right to the second floor, and through the first set of doors. The seminar room is to your right.
- For all other purposes (including going to the Fab Lab), turn left and go straight up the stairs to the second floor. Press the large doorbell button to call our administrator Clarissa who will buzz you in. Walk down the hallway to her office on your right (room 2208). Call her at +49-241-80-21051 if you get lost. The Media Space, our smaller meeting room, is on the same floor (room 2212). If you can't reach Clarissa, use the doorbell to call your contact at the chair.
Fab Lab Visitors
The Fab Lab is on the same 2nd floor as the rest of our lab, in room 2214. Follow the By Car instructions above. See the Fab Lab pages for details.