Chronicler: Interactive Exploration of Source Code History: We present Tree Flow, an interactive visualization of structural changes in source code history. Combining history graph navigation with a traditional source code view outperforms the more traditional history navigation on a file basis and users strongly prefer Chronicler for the exploration of source code. (read more)
Paper at CHI 2016
PERCs: Persistently Trackable Tangibles on Capacitive Multi-Touch Displays: PERCs use the touch probing signal from capacitive touch screens to determine whether the tangibles are on- or off-screen. This allows robust capacitive tangible widgets regardless of being touched. (read more)
Paper and Demo at UIST 2015 and Demo at ITS 2015
Master's ThesisSupervisor: Christian Corsten
My Master's Thesis: HaptiCase: Tactile Cues on the Back of Devices for Eyes-free Absolute Indirect Tapping Tasks focused on a novel interaction technique that added tactile landmarks to the back of mobile devices, to enable eyes-free interaction.
Bachelor's ThesisSupervisor: Moritz Wittenhagen
In my Bachelor's Thesis: Folio Augmenting Books on Interactive Tabletops I implemented a software for large scale multi touch tables, that added digital annotations for real world books on the device.
I was part of the team for the Interactive Assembly Project in 2012/13.
We developed a marker and gesture supported assembly program which allowed users to assemble the FabScan 3D Laser Scanner without prior knowledge of the system.
- Christian Cherek, Anke Brocker, Simon Voelker and Jan Borchers. Tangible Awareness: How Tangibles on Tabletops Influence Awareness of Each Other’s Actions. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI '18, pages 298:1–298:7, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2018.
- Moritz Wittenhagen, Christian Cherek and Jan Borchers. Chronicler: Interactive Exploration of Source Code History. In Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 3522–3532,May 2016.
- Christian Cherek, Simon Voelker, Jan Thar, Rene Linden, Florian Busch and Jan Borchers. PERCs Demo: Persistently Trackable Tangibles on Capacitive Multi-Touch Displays. In Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, pages 389–392, ACM, New York, NY, USA, November 2015.
- Simon Voelker, Christian Cherek, Jan Thar, Thorsten Karrer, Christian Thoresen, Kjell Ivar Øvergård and Jan Borchers. PERCs: Persistently Trackable Tangibles on Capacitive Multi-Touch Displays. In UIST '15: Proceedings of the 28th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, UIST '15, pages 6, ACM, New York, NY, USA, November 2015.
- Christian Corsten, Christian Cherek, Thorsten Karrer and Jan Borchers. HaptiCase: Back-of-Device Tactile Landmarks for Eyes-Free Absolute Indirect Touch. In CHI '15: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 2171–2180,New York, NY, USA, April 2015.
- Christian Cherek. HaptiCase: Tactile Cues on the Back of Devices for Eyes-free Absolute Indirect Tapping Tasks. Master's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, November 2014.
- Christian Cherek. Folio:Augmenting Books on Interactive Tabletops. Bachelor's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, April 2012.