Moritz completed his PhD on navigating source code versions and other time-dependent hierarchically structured media at the Media Computing Group under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jan Borchers in 2016. To find out what he did next, check out our alumni page.
DRAGON is a direct-manipulation interaction technique for frame-accurate navigation in video scenes.
Note at CHI 2008.
Pinstripe is a textile Sensor that enables eyes-free continuous Input anywhere on interactive Clothing.
Full paper at CHI 2011.
We developed Silhouettes an interactive city-building game. A group of 16 players can construct future urban spaces by forming buildings and vegetation with the shadows of their bodies on a large projection screen.
Silhouettes was installed inside the German-Chinese House at the World EXPO 2010 in Shanghai.
Personal Orchestra lets visitors conduct the Vienna Philharmonic by controlling speed, volume, and the emphasis of different instrument sections.
Personal Orchestra is installed in the Haus der Musik museum in Vienna
ThoMoNetworking Framework makes it easy to write networked applications for Mac OS X and iOS.
Downloaded over 1000 times.
- Moritz Wittenhagen, Christian Cherek and Jan Borchers. Chronicler: Interactive Exploration of Source Code History. In Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 3522–3532,May 2016.
- Moritz Wittenhagen. Temporal Navigation in Hierarchically Structured Media. PhD Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany, November 2015.
- Jan-Peter Krämer, Thorsten Karrer, Joachim Kurz, Moritz Wittenhagen and Jan Borchers. How Tools in IDEs Shape Developers' Navigation Behavior. In CHI '13: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 3073–3082, ACM, New York, NY, USA, April 2013.
- Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen and Jan Borchers. DragLocks: Handling Temporal Ambiguities in Direct Manipulation Video Navigation. In CHI '12: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems,May 2012.
- Benjamin Walther-Franks, Marc Herrlich, Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen, Roland Schröder-Kroll, Rainer Malaka and Jan Borchers. Dragimation: Direct Manipulation Keyframe Timing for Performance-based Animation. In GI '12: Proceedings of the 2012 Graphics Interface Conference, pages 101–108,Toronto, Ont., Canada, Canada, May 2012.
- Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen, Leonhard Lichtschlag, Florian Heller and Jan Borchers. Pinstripe: Eyes-free Continuous Input on Interactive Clothing. In CHI '11: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 1313–1322, ACM Press, Vancouver, Canada, May 2011.
- Florian Heller, Leonhard Lichtschlag, Moritz Wittenhagen, Thorsten Karrer and Jan Borchers. Me Hates This: Exploring Different Levels of User Feedback for (Usability) Bug Reporting. In CHI '11: Extended Abstracts of the CHI 2011 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 1357–1362,2011.
- Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen, Florian Heller and Jan Borchers. Pinstripe: Eyes-free Continuous Input Anywhere on Interactive Clothing. In UIST '10: Adjunct proceedings of the 23nd annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pages 429–430,New York, NY, October 2010.
- Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen, Leonhard Lichtschlag and Jan Borchers. ExamPen: How digital pen technology can support teachers and examiners. In CHI '10: Workshop on Next Generation of HCI and Education, Misc, Atlanta, USA, April 2010.
- Stephan Deininghaus, Max Möllers, Moritz Wittenhagen, Karin Herrmann and Jan Borchers. Hybrid Documents Ease Text Corpus Analysis For Literary Scholars. In Proceedings of ITS 2010,2010.
- Karin Herrmann, Max Möllers, Moritz Wittenhagen and Stephan Deininghaus. Ein interaktiver Multitouch-Tisch als multimediale Arbeitsumgebung. In Digitale Wissenschaft 2010, Hochschulbibliothekszentrum NRW, Cologne, 2010.
- Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen and Jan Borchers. PocketDRAGON: a direct manipulation video navigation interface for mobile devices. In MobileHCI '09: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services, pages 47:1–47:3, ACM, September 2009.
- Max Möllers, Moritz Wittenhagen, Karin Herrmann and Jan Borchers. New Methods to Support Table-Based Creation Processes. In C&C '09: Proceedings of the 7th ACM SIGCHI conference on Creativity & cognition, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- Moritz Wittenhagen. DragonEye---Fast Object Tracking and Camera Motion Estimation. Master's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany, October 2008.