Flowboard is a research project that brings flow-based programming to Arduino microcontroller boards with an innovative hardware and software design.
- Anke Brocker, Research assistant
- Mathis Müller, BSc thesis student
- Tony Zhang, Student research assistant
- Dr. Simon Voelker
- Prof. Dr. Jan Borchers
- Anke Brocker, Simon Voelker, Tony Zelun Zhang, Mathis Müller and Jan Borchers. Flowboard: A Visual Flow-Based Programming Environment for Embedded Coding. In Extended Abstracts of the 2019 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI EA '19, ACM, New York, NY, USA, May 2019.
- Our full paper about Flowboard and the results from our studies of children using it for learning embedded coding was just accepted for publication in the journal ACM Transactions on Human–Computer Interaction (TOCHI). It will appear in the publications list above upon release. (Apr 20, 2022)
- Flowboard gets an article on the Arduino blog. (Jun 10, 2019)
- Flowboard is presented as an Interactivity demo at CHI 2019 (May 4, 2019)