Nur Hamdan's Activities 2013-2019
- 12.07.19 Last day at the lab.
- 25.06.19 Invited to talk at the MSc course CTHCI SS19 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2): "Springlets: Skin-Mountable Haptic Force Interfaces".
- 04.05.19–09.05.19 Presented and demoed the Springlets paper at CHI 2019 in Glasgow. The paper received a Best Paper Honorable Mention Award (report). Attended the course "Intro to the Human Body: Wearability and Human Factors of Wearable Systems" by Lucy E. Dunne (1:20 hours). Chaired the paper session "Gesture Sensing".
- 29.11.18 Became a SIGCHI Inclusion Innovator (Contact: Allison Druin, SIGCHI Adjunct Chair for Inclusion).
- 14.11.18 Conducted a workshop in the MSc lab MCP SS1819 (7 ECTS): "Soft Actuation with Threads and Springlets".
- 08.11.18–31.01.19 Mentored one group in the BSc seminar Proseminar WS1819 (3 ECTS).
- 23.10.18–29.01.19 Mentored two groups in the BSc/MSc course DIS1 WS1819 (6 ECTS).
- 21.05.18–24.05.18 Invited to talk, participate and demo in the Dagstuhl Seminar 18212 "On-Body Interaction: Embodied Cognition Meets Sensor/Actuator Engineering to Design New Interface".
- 21.04.18–26.04.18 Presented the Sketch&Stitch paper at CHI 2018 in Montréal. Attended the workshop "Exploring Participatory Design Methods to Engage with Arab Communities".
- 17.04.18 Presented my soft actuation technology at the Future Lab Aachen Gala 2018 (image).
- 17.04.18–18.07.18 Coordinated and tutored the MSc course CTHCI SS18 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2).
- 12.04.18–21.06.18 Mentored one group in the MSc seminar PDUI SS18 (4 ECTS).
- 27.03.18–27.01.19 Became a SIGCHI Executive Committee Volunteer (Contact: Helena Mentis, SIGCHI Executive Vice President).
- 15.01.18–16.01.18 Invited to present and participate in the first SIGCHI Across Borders Initiative in Alexandria (Hosts: Susan Dray and Cliff Lampe).
- 16.11.17–25.01.18 Mentored two groups in the BSc seminar Proseminar WS1718 (3 ECTS).
- 17.10.17–20.10.17 Presented the Run&Tap paper and supported my co-author in our paper Interactive Furniture at ISS 2017 in Brighton. Worked as a Student Volunteer. Attended the tutorial "Personalized Interactive Surfaces with Printed Electronics" by Anusha Withana and Jüregn Steimle (3:30 hours).
- 11.10.17–31.01.18 Mentored two groups in the BSc/MSc course DIS1 WS1718 (6 ECTS).
- 08.06.17–03.08.17 Mentored one group in the MSc seminar PDUI SS17 (4 ECTS).
- 17.05.17–19.05.17 Invited to present and participate in the workshop"How to Study Makerspaces?" in Geneva (report).
- 25.04.17–26.07.17 Coordinated and tutored the MSc course CTHCI SS17 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2).
- 22.03.17 Demoed my smart textile sensors and interfaces at CeBIT 2017 in Hannover.
- 20.02.17–24.02.17 Enrolled in the Textile Academy Bootcamp at Kamp Lintfort (40 hours) (booklet).
- 01.02.17–06.30.19 Started to work on the 3DCC project funded by the ERDF.
- Intuitex team received the Red Dot Interzum Award for text2switch design.
- 06.12.16 Invited to talk at BiD, Berkely University: "Textile Interfaces for Smart Environments".
- 09.12.16 Gave a workshop at the HCI Group, Stanford University: "Thinking with Hardware" (3 hours).
- 11.11.16–13.11.16 Participated in Techstars' Startup Weekend Santa Clara. My team's project won third place.
- 26.09.16–16.12.16 Invited as a Visiting Student Researcher to the HCI Group lab, Stanford University (Host: James Landay).
- 01.07.16–31.01.17 Started to work partially on the Personal Photonics project funded by the BMBF.
- 24.05.16 Invited to talk at the MSc course CTHCI SS16 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2): "Interactive Textiles".
- 17.05.16 Published an XRDS blog "CHI 2016: Global, Diverse, Good" which was republished in the printed magazine.
- 12.05.16 Started the ArabHCI Group on Facebook (as of 09.07.19 it has 162 members).
- 07.05.16–12.05.16 Presented two posters (Grabrics and PresAR) at CHI 2016 in San Jose.
- 14.04.16–14.07.16 Coordinated the MSc seminar PDUI SS16 (4 ECTS).
- 03.11.15 Published an XRDS blog "Why “Celebrate Women in Computing”?".
- 01.11.15–23.08.17 Became an editor at XRDS: Crossroads, The ACM Magazine for Students (contributions and blog posts).
- 20.10.15–09.02.16 Coordinated and tutored the MSc course iPhone WS1516 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2).
- 12.10.15–13.10.15 Attended the CDS course "Leaders Don't Fall Out of the sky. A Review of Your Leadership Competence" by Astrid Müller (16 hours).
- 24.09.15–26.09.15 Received a travel grant to attend the womENcourage 2015 conference in Uppsala. My team's project won first place at the Codess Hackathon by Intel & Microsoft. Attended the workshop "Prototyping Wearable Electronics" by Teodora Szasz (3 hours).
- 24.06.15 Invited to talk at the MSc course DIS2 SS15 (6 ECTS): "Mobile Window Systems (iOS, Android)" .
- 14.04.15–16.07.15 Coordinated and tutored the MSc course CTHCI SS15 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2).
- 2015–30.06.16 Started to work on the Intuitex project funded by the BMBF.
- 10.03.15–09.08.15 Went on parental leave (50%, only doing CTHCI SS15).
- 29.09.14–09.03.15 Went on parental leave (100%).
- 25.06.14 Invited to talk at the MSc course DIS2 SS14 (6 ECTS): "Mobile Window Systems (iOS, Android)".
- 20.05.14 Invited to talk at the MSc course CTHCI SS14 (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2): "HCI Research in Augmented Reality".
- 26.04.14–01.05.14 Presented a poster at CHI 2014 in Toronto. Worked as a Student Volunteer. Attended the course "Sampling & Synthesis: The Two Sides of Experience Sketching" by Bill Buxton (1:40 hours). Participated in CHI Bingo (my bingo).
- 08.04.14–15.07.14 Coordinated and tutored the MSc lab MCP SS14 in Bonn (10 ECTS).
- 06.03.14–01.05.14 Mentored one group in the MSc seminar PDUI SS14 (4 ECTS).
- 28.02.14–01.03.14 Attended the womENcourage 2014 conference in Manchester.
- 20.02.14–21.02.14 Attended the CDS course "Introductory Workshop to Intercultural Communication" by Alexia Petersen (18 hours).
- 2014 Received the Springorum-Denkmünze award which is given to the top 10% theses from each faculty at RWTH Aachen University.
- 24.10.13–28.10.13 Attended the workshop "Elevator Talk" by Carolyn Gale (21 hours).
- 16.10.13–11.02.14 Coordinated and tutored the BSc/MSc course DIS1 WS1314 in Aachen and Bonn (6 ECTS, SWS: V3 + Ü2).
- 16.05.13–11.07.13 Mentored one group in the MSc seminar PDUI SS13 (4 ECTS).
- 27.04.13–02.05.13 Presented a poster at CHI 2013 in Paris. Attended the course "Designing a Task-Focused Conceptual Model" by Jeff Johnson (2:40 hours) and my 1st CHI Women's Breakfast.
- 10.04.13–17.07.13 Coordinated and tutored the MSc lab MCP SS13 in Bonn (10 ECTS).
- 02.04.13 Hired as a Research and Teaching Assistant in the Media Computing Group at RWTH Aachen University.