Supervisor: Jan-Peter Krämer, Thorsten Karrer
I'm a Master CS student. Currently I am working with Thorsten Karrer and Jan-Peter Krämer on improving and analyzing tools to help programmers navigate source code.
Master thesisDuring my master thesis I am working on a Live Coding editor with Jan Peter. You can find it here.
Bachelor thesisDuring my bachelor thesis I continued the development of Stacksplorer which Jan-Peter created during his diploma thesis and created Blaze.
I changed the visualization to show one path through the call graph instead of showing all predecessors and successors of the method (as Stacksplorer does).
Several of the documents I produced during my work on this thesis are online:
Student Assistant Work
- Vicon Motion Capturing System (support for people using the Vicon system and working on the Vicon Client software)
- rewriting the Vicon Client we use to capture data from the Vicon system and creating a framework for Mac OS X to use the data from the Vicon System in other applications
- Mobile/Ubiquitous Computing
- iOS and Mac programming
- Software development in general
- Programming :
- IDEs: Xcode, Eclipse, NetBeans, Adobe Brackets (ordered by familiarity)
- Frameworks: Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, Java, J2EE, GWT, Spring, Hibernate
- OSs: Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Jan-Peter Krämer, Joachim Kurz, Thorsten Karrer and Jan Borchers. How live coding affects developers' coding behavior. In VL/HCC '14: IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, pages 5-8,July 2014.
- Jan-Peter Krämer, Thorsten Karrer, Joachim Kurz, Moritz Wittenhagen and Jan Borchers. How Tools in IDEs Shape Developers' Navigation Behavior. In CHI '13: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pages 3073–3082, ACM, New York, NY, USA, April 2013.
- Joachim Kurz. Evaluating Developer Strategies in a Live Coding Environment. Masters's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, August 2013.
- Jan-Peter Krämer, Joachim Kurz, Thorsten Karrer and Jan Borchers. Blaze. In Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE 2012, pages 1457–1458, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2012.
- Jan-Peter Krämer, Joachim Kurz, Thorsten Karrer and Jan Borchers. Blaze: supporting two-phased call graph navigation in source code. In CHI '12: Extended abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI EA '12, pages 2195–2200, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- Joachim Kurz. Blaze---Navigating Source Code via Call Stack Contexts. Bachelor's Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, September 2011.