FabScan CUBEBack to FabScan
The FabScan CUBE is a 3D-Scanner. It is an improved version of the original fabscan 3D-scanner.
UpdateThe new FabScan Pi works as a standalone device controlled with a web browser. We highly recommend to use this advanced version instead of the original FabScan. Housing, Laser, Arduino and FabScan Shield can be reused, but the additional Raspberry Pi allows a use as a standalone device and the better Raspberry Pi camera aloows a higher resolution. The user interface and scan processing is also far more advanced.
Files for the lasercutterThe files can be cut on any laser cutter. Please load the PLF files into our visicut software.
The designs are for 5mm wood/MDF. You need four sheets of the size 600mm x 300mm.
- FabScanCUBE sheet 1 of 4
- FabScanCUBE sheet 2 of 4 FRONT side with screws for laser - FabScanCUBE sheet 2 of 4 BACK side
- FabScanCUBE sheet 3 of 4
- FabScanCUBE sheet 4 of 4
BOM - Bill of Materials
- 4x sheets of wood or MDF size 600mm x 300mm - 5mm thick
- 1x http://www.watterott.com/de/Arduino-FabScan-Shield
- 1x http://www.watterott.com/de/Pololu-A4988-Schrittmotortreiber or this one if you like black better: http://www.watterott.com/de/A4988-Schrittmotortreiber-Black-Edition
- 1x http://www.watterott.com/de/5mW-Linienlaser-rot
- 1x http://www.watterott.com/de/Schrittmotor-Unipolar/Bipolar-200-Steps/Rev-42x48mm-40V-1200mA-NEMA-17
- 1x http://www.watterott.com/de/Arduino-Uno
- 1x 12V power supply, e.g.: http://www.watterott.com/en/Power-Supply-3-12V-1A
- 1x logitech c270 webcam
- 20x Socket Head Hex Screw M3x16mm
- 11x Flat Head Cross Screw M3x16mm
- 2x Pan Head Slotted Screw M2x10mm
- 27x Nut No.1 (leaving out) M3
- 4x Nut No.2 M2
Arduino SketchUpload the latest version of the Arduino sketch to your Arduino UNO:
Assembly Instructionthere is no full assembly manual available yet.
You can have a look at the old manual for the fabscan100, but many details have changed.
There will also be an interactive assembly assistant available soon.