Lab: Multimodal Media Madness (M3) Personal Fabrication
AboutThis years topic is about Personal Fabrication. Buiding your own hardware projects with the help of computer controlled tools.
Final ProjectsFor the final projects the students could choose to do crazy stuff with electronic and hardware tools. As a result they produced:
- The Retro Radio Riddle
- A modular puzzle based upon Keep talking and nobody explodes
- The DipTrainer (DipTrainer.pdf) to keep you in shape
- The intelligent box for drinks after your exercises
- The Guitar Buddy (Guitar Buddy.pdf) for training your guitar skills
- Building your own augmented reality glasses (FabEYE.pdf)
- A HomeKit Controller (HomeKitController.pdf)
- Building a modular pinball machine
Some awesome one-week-assigments
- A small pinball machine (FlippYeah.mp4)
- A box riddle (AWESOME.m4v)
- Another smal riddle (Arduino Safe Keeper.mp4)
- Star Trek 3D chess as a 3D puzzle in business card format (3d-Chess.svg)
- A small puzzle in business card format (Puzzle.svg)
TimeWednesday, 16:00-19:00, room 2222, Ahornstr. 55 (time might change a bit due to scheduling conflicts)
Start: 13.4.2016., might be delayed to 20.4.2016
AboutYou will learn:
- How to use the laser cutter with VisiCut.
- How to use Arduino (Atmega & Co.), Energia (MSP430 & Co.) and Processing (Visualisation) for controlling hardware
- How to use the pcb mill and Eagle to design and make your own circuit tools
- How to use our 3D printer - mostly our Dremel Idea Builder
After getting used to the tools you will know how to create your own hardware projects.
You will then create an awesome final project. At the moment we tend to give you the task of creating modules for a modular pinball machine, but that might change if we - or you - have an even awesomer idea for a final project.
(It will at least either use the above mentioned tools or will make life easier for the user of these tools (as a kind of more software centric project)).