Due to the Corona virus infection and in accordance with RWTH Aachen University's recommendations, we are suspending our Cocoaheads meetings (in person) until further notice.
Please see below for our new online schedule!
CocoaHeads.org is an international group devoted to discussion of Apple's Cocoa Framework for programming on macOS and iOS. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.
We are the CocoaHeads Aachen Chapter, hosted by the Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction Group at RWTH Aachen University. We get together for informal short talks and demos, have a pizza, and talk code.
We usually get together on the last Thursday of each month at 7 PM in room 2222 (see below for directions).
- Thursday, August 25, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. - HYBRID (online participation will be available via Zoom at 7 p.m.)
- Felix Wehnert: "Swift Async Await"
- Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 6:30 / 7 p.m. - TBD
- Torsten Kammer: "3D Grafik mit Metal"
- Discuss developer related news
(Duration: approx. 2 - 3 hours)
It's free, but please RSVP! For staying up-to-date with our schedule, here are some options:
- Sign up for our low-traffic CocoaHeads Aachen mailing list.
- Subscribe to our iCal calendar.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Visit our group on facebook or join the global CocoaHeads group.
- Check our meetup schedule on Meetup.com
We meet at RWTH Aachen University, in the Computer Science Center ("Informatikzentrum"), Main Building ("Hauptbau"), second floor, room 2222 (accessible through the staircase in the foyer), Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Germany (Google Maps).
There is a parking lot in front of the side entrance on Halifaxstraße. Here are some more detailed directions for public transport and cars.
The building will be locked around 7 p.m., so just drop in a few minutes earlier to be on the safe side... If you are late, just call +49 241 80 - 21060 so someone can open the door.
- Swift Conf (Cologne, Germany)
- Macoun (Frankfurt, Germany)
- https://cocoaconferences.com (a list of cocoa conferences for iOS & macOS developers)
- July 28, 2022: Jonas Schlabertz: "Building Modern CollectionViews with CompositionalLayout"
- June 30, 2022: WWDC Wrap-up open-air
- April 28, 2022: Christian Menschel: "Flexibility through Swift Packages!" (live demo)
- March 31, 2022: No talk, just smalltalk
- March 3, 2022: Manuel "StuFF mc" Carrasco Molina: "Creating apps without a Mac (by using Swift Playgrounds 4 on an iPad)" (live demo)
- January 27, 2022: Chris Gretzki: "SwiftAlyzer - Architektur-Review wie mit Google Maps (Slides [PDF, 4.3 MB])
- December 16, 2021: Wine Punch
- November 25, 2021: Matthias Weber: "ARKit - Neuerungen von Motion Capture bis zum „Raumscanner"" (Slides [PDF, 6.7 MB])
- October 28, 2021: "face 2 face" get-together
- September 30, 2021: Let's get interactive on a Codeflight... (Coding Dojo)
- August 26, 2021: Christian Menschel: "Core Bluetooth in Practice" (Slides [PDF, 1.4 MB])
- July 29, 2021: A rare get-togehter in real life!
- June 24, 2021: WWDC Wrap-up
- May 27, 2021: Lukas Woyke: "Multipeer Connectivity Framework und Präsentation der 'Better Together'-App" (Slides [PDF, 5.5 MB], Project Site & Repo)
- April 29, 2021: Christian Menschel: "App Extensions Coding-Session"
- March 25, 2021: Stephan Partzsch: "Clean Code und die Praxis" (Slides [PDF, 1.3 MB])
- February 25, 2021: Vidu Glöck: "Composable Architecture" (Live Coding Session)
- January 28, 2021: Jonas Vogel: "App Privacy Details" (Slides [PDF, 1 MB], Video [0:26 h])
2020 - 2008
... find the event history on our archive page!
Other Activities in the Area
There are more Cocoa (or related) events happening in the area than you might think! Here are a few pointers:
Check the worldwide CocoaHeads home page for additional chapters in Germany and elsewhere!