Due to the Corona virus infection and in accordance with RWTH Aachen University's recommendations, we are suspending our Cocoaheads meetings (in person) until further notice.
Please see below for our new online schedule!
CocoaHeads.org is an international group devoted to discussion of Apple's Cocoa Framework for programming on macOS and iOS. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.
We are the CocoaHeads Aachen Chapter, hosted by the Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction Group at RWTH Aachen University. We get together for informal short talks and demos, have a pizza, and talk code.
We usually get together on the last Thursday of each month at 7 PM in room 2222 (see below for directions).
- Thursday, April 29, 2021, at 7 p.m. - ONLINE @ Zoom
- Thursday, May 27, 2021, at 7 p.m. - ONLINE @ Zoom
- Call for Talk!
- Discuss developer related news
(Duration: approx. 2 - 3 hours)
It's free, but please RSVP! For staying up-to-date with our schedule, here are some options:
- Sign up for our low-traffic CocoaHeads Aachen mailing list.
- Subscribe to our iCal calendar.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Visit our group on facebook or join the global CocoaHeads group.
- Check our meetup schedule on Meetup.com
We meet at RWTH Aachen University, in the Computer Science Center ("Informatikzentrum"), Main Building ("Hauptbau"), second floor, room 2222 (accessible through the staircase in the foyer), Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Germany (Google Maps).
There is a parking lot in front of the side entrance on Halifaxstraße. Here are some more detailed directions for public transport and cars.
The building will be locked around 7 p.m., so just drop in a few minutes earlier to be on the safe side... If you are late, just call +49 241 80 - 21060 so someone can open the door.
- Swift Conf (Cologne, Germany)
- Macoun (Frankfurt, Germany)
- https://cocoaconferences.com (a list of cocoa conferences for iOS & macOS developers)
- March 25, 2021: Stephan Partzsch: "Clean Code und die Praxis" (Slides [PDF, 1.3 MB])
- February 25, 2021: Vidu Glöck: "Composable Architecture" (Live Coding Session)
- January 28, 2021: Jonas Vogel: "App Privacy Details" (Slides [PDF, 1 MB], Video [0:26 h])
- December 17, 2020:
- Christian Menschel: "WidgetKit" (Live Coding)
- Felix Wehnert: "CreateML: Behind the scenes" (Slides, [PDF, 11.7 MB])
- November 26, 2020: "Apple Silicon / M1: The Machine we now can talk about?"
- October 26, 2020:
- September 24, 2020: Let's talk about your best SwiftUI tips & tricks!
- Repositories of our code examples:
- Roland Schmitz: Spiral Field - WWDC20 Swift Student Challenge Award Winner
- Christian Menschel: SwiftUI Tips&Tricks
- Selected Sources for learning SwiftUI:
- [Hacking with Swift] 100 Days of SwiftUI
- [Kavsoft] Easier Way To Learn SwiftUI
- [Big Mountain Studio] SwiftUI Views Mastery Bundle
- [Let's Code – Der Entwickler-Blog von Thomas Sillmann] Das SwiftUI-Buch
- [Stanford University @ YouTube] Paul Hegarty: Lecture 1: Course Logistics and Introduction to SwiftUI
- [raywenderlich.com] Programming Tutorials
- [RWTH Aachen | Media Computing Group] iOS Application Development
- [Standford University] CS193p - Developing Apps for iOS
- [WWDC 2020] SwiftUI Videos
- [objc.io] Thinking in SwiftUI
- [Design+Code] Build an app with SwiftUI
- [GitHub] R.swift: Strong typed, autocompleted resources like images, fonts and segues in Swift projects
- [macOS & iOS Entwicklerforum] (german) https://osxentwicklerforum.de
- [Swift by Sundell] Weekly Swift articles, podcasts and tips by John Sundell
- [Swift by Sundell] 76: “A huge year for SwiftUI”, a WWDC20 special with Josh Shaffer and Eliza Block
- [Swift by Sundell] 59: “A major step forward”, a SwiftUI special with Josh Shaffer (Podcast)
- [Hacking with Swift] Enabling high-performance Metal rendering with drawingGroup()
- Repositories of our code examples:
- August 27, 2020: CocoaHeads SmallTalk
- July 30, 2020: Alex Hoppen: "Swift Memory Performance" (Slides [PDF], Demo Code [ZIP])
- July 2, 2020: WWDC Wrap-up
- May 28, 2020: Manuel "StuFFmc" Carrasco Molina: "Developer's Digest: MacCatalyst & UIViewRepresentable"
- April 30, 2020:
- Feburary 27, 2020:
- January 30, 2020:
2020 - 2008
... find the event history on our archive page!
Other Activities in the Area
There are more Cocoa (or related) events happening in the area than you might think! Here are a few pointers:
Check the worldwide CocoaHeads home page for additional chapters in Germany and elsewhere!