CocoaHeads.org is an international group devoted to discussion of Apple's Cocoa Framework for programming on macOS and iOS. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.
We are the CocoaHeads Aachen Chapter, hosted by the Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction Group at RWTH Aachen University. We get together for informal short talks and demos, have a pizza, and talk code.
We usually get together on the last Thursday of each month at 7 PM in room 2222 (see below for directions).
- Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 7 p.m. in RWTH Computer Science Centre, Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Room 2222
- [Talk] Werner Lonsing: "A Multivariant Design Tool based on ARKit"
- [Live action] Christian Menschel: "Let's build some UIKit or AppKit" – Code with a partner in 60 minutes and present your solution afterwards
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 7 p.m. in RWTH Computer Science Centre, Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Room 2222
- Discuss developer related news
(Duration: approx. 2 - 3 hours)
It's free, but please RSVP! For staying up-to-date with our schedule, here are some options:
- Sign up for our low-traffic CocoaHeads Aachen mailing list.
- Subscribe to our iCal calendar.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Visit our group on facebook or join the global CocoaHeads group.
- Check our meetup schedule on Meetup.com
We meet at RWTH Aachen University, in the Computer Science Center ("Informatikzentrum"), Main Building ("Hauptbau"), second floor, room 2222 (accessible through the staircase in the foyer), Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Germany (Google Maps).
There is a parking lot in front of the side entrance on Halifaxstraße. Here are some more detailed directions for public transport and cars.
The building will be locked around 7 p.m., so just drop in a few minutes earlier to be on the safe side... If you are late, just call +49 241 80 - 21060 so someone can open the door.
- January 31, 2019:
- Felix Wehnert: "CarPlay" (Slides [PDF, 5.8 MB])
- February 27, 2019:
- March 28, 2019:
- Moritz Messerschmidt: "Short Introduction into CoreML / CreateML" (Slides [PDF, 7.4 MB])
- April 25, 2019:
- June 3, 2019:
- June 27, 2019:
- August 1, 2019:
- August 29, 2019:
2018 - 2008
... find the event history on our archive page!
Other Activities in the Area
There are more Cocoa (or related) events happening in the area than you might think! Here are a few pointers:
Check the worldwide CocoaHeads home page for additional chapters in Germany and elsewhere!