January 2023: We restarted our meetings at the i10 chair "in person" again!!
CocoaHeads.org is an international group devoted to discussion of Apple's Cocoa Framework for programming on macOS and iOS. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.
We are the CocoaHeads Aachen Chapter, hosted by the Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction Group at RWTH Aachen University. We get together for informal short talks and demos, have a pizza, and talk code.
In case you are a full-time student, feel invited for your pizza when you attend in person! Please do not forget to RSVP!
We usually get together on the last Thursday of each month at 6:45 PM in room 2222 (see below for directions) and start any broadcast between 7 and 7:15 PM latest.
If you want to attend in person:
- Only attend if you are feeling well (no colds etc.)
- RSVP is strictly mandatory
- Optional: You can wear a face mask if you want to
- Please arrive on or before 6:45 PM to allow ordering pizza before the broadcast starts!
- Thursday, December 21, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. - Meeting point: Photo Preim (Ursulinerstraße 3-5, 52062 Aachen)
- CcoaHeads Xmas: Enjoy some Cocoa and Mulled Wine at the Aachen Christmas Market!
- Thursday, January 25, 2024, at 6:45 p.m. - RWTH Aachen University, Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, room 2222 -- HYBRID / online via Zoom (7:00 p.m.)
- Call for Talk!
- Discuss developer related news
(Duration: approx. 2 - 3 hours)
It's free, but please RSVP! For staying up-to-date with our schedule, here are some options:
- Sign up for our low-traffic CocoaHeads Aachen mailing list.
- Subscribe to our iCal calendar.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Visit our group on facebook or join the global CocoaHeads group.
- Check our meetup schedule on Meetup.com
To RSVP, please send
We meet at RWTH Aachen University, in the Computer Science Center ("Informatikzentrum"), Main Building ("Hauptbau"), second floor, room 2222 (accessible through the staircase in the foyer), Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Germany (Google Maps).
There is a parking lot in front of the side entrance on Halifaxstraße. Here are some more detailed directions for public transport and cars.
The building will be locked around 7 p.m., so just drop in a few minutes earlier to be on the safe side... If you are late, just call +49 241 80 - 21060 so someone can open the door.
- Swift Conf (Cologne, Germany)
- Macoun (Frankfurt, Germany)
- https://cocoaconferences.com (a list of cocoa conferences for iOS & macOS developers)
- November 30, 2023: Jonas Schlabertz: "Maximizing Productivity with the iOS Third-Party Ecosystem" (Slides [PDF, 3.5 MB], Video [01:19 h]
- September 28, 2023: Lukas Woyke: "SwiftData - Managing your App’s Model-Layer" (Slides [PDF, 8.1 MB], Video [1:15 h])
- August 31, 2023: "Developers' hands-on experience with visionOS"
- July 27, 2023: Christian Menschel: "Let's talk about StoreKit" (Video [1:56 h])
- June 22, 2023: WWDC23 Wrap-up
- May 25, 2023: Gerd Bernhardt & Stephan Partzsch: "Swift Charts by Example" (Slides [PDF, 11 MB], Video [1:21 h], Demo Code)
- April 27, 2023: Codeflight: CocoaHeads Aachen vs. ChatGPT!
- March 30, 2023: Torsten Kammer: "SIMD & Co - Eine Tour durch Accelerate" (Slides [PDF, 5.3 MB], Video [0:49 h], Demo Code)
- March 2, 2023: Felix Wehnert: "An introduction to swift-syntax” (live demo, no recording)
- January 26, 2023: Christian Menschel: "Digital Service und Digital Market Act und die Konsequenzen für Apple" (Slides [PDF, 11 MB], Video [1:06 h])
- November 3, 2022: "DrawMotions" Coding Dojo (Base repo by Christian Menschel, Forks here)
- September 29, 2022: Torsten Kammer: "3D Graphics with Metal"
- August 25, 2022: Felix Wehnert: "Swift Async Await" (Video [MP4, 1:18 h])
- July 28, 2022: Jonas Schlabertz: "Building Modern CollectionViews with CompositionalLayout"
- June 30, 2022: WWDC Wrap-up open-air
- April 28, 2022: Christian Menschel: "Flexibility through Swift Packages!" (live demo)
- March 31, 2022: No talk, just smalltalk
- March 3, 2022: Manuel "StuFF mc" Carrasco Molina: "Creating apps without a Mac (by using Swift Playgrounds 4 on an iPad)" (live demo)
- January 27, 2022: Chris Gretzki: "SwiftAlyzer - Architektur-Review wie mit Google Maps (Slides [PDF, 4.3 MB])
2021 - 2008
... find the event history on our archive page!
Other Activities in the Area
There are more Cocoa (or related) events happening in the area than you might think! Here are a few pointers:
- CocoaHeads Düsseldorf (currently inactive)
- Düsseldorf iOS Meetup (currently inactive)
Check the worldwide CocoaHeads home page for additional chapters in Germany and elsewhere!