Dipl.-Inform. René Bohne
Personal Web PageIf you are looking for me, have a look at my personal web page: http://www.rene-bohne.de
Schedule and Away DatesMy schedule has a dedicated page: bohne_schedule
Current WorkBesides the teaching and research activities, I managed the RWTH Aachen FabLab.
Master and Bachelor ThesesTheses that I did supervise:
These student assistants help me in the FabLab:
- Jan Zimmermann - Mechatronics engineer
- Ceyda Avci - management
- Francis Engelmann - software development
- Niklas Hauser - embedded systems and electronics
- Hendrik Kolvenbach - mechanical engineer
- Roksaneh Krooß - Public Relations, events, and educational content
- Thomas Oster - software development
- Sophy Stoenner - Designer / Master of Arts
I am the main contact person for the fab lab at RWTH Aachen University. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you want to use the lab. If you are a student at our chair, you can register for our FabLab training courses. These courses allow you to use the FabLab on any date (except tuesday) without registration.
dorkbot AachenI organize the dorkbot Aachen meetings.
Meet us every third wednesday of the month in room 2010.
robOLEDI created the software for the robOLED robotic arm that types on an iPad and sends text to an OLED wall.
It is an art installation in the new BMBF building in Berlin.
iWallI am part of the iWall team. The iWall is an interactive light installation that opens up new opportunities in Smart Lighting research, teaching, and development for researchers, students, artists and makers. It is installed high up along the entire façade of the Computer Science building at RWTH Aachen University, facing Halifaxstraße.
FabArcadeI was one of the supervisors of the FabArcade project.
Diploma ThesisMy Diploma Thesis was about LumiNet.
I created a distributed bootloader for the network and added support for the LumiNet hardware to the Arduino IDE. My supervisor was Gero Herkenrath.
|René Bohne Jan Borchers. Personal Design - Die Zukunft der Personal Fabrication, page 297ff. transcript, 12 2012. .|
|René Bohne. Making Things Wearable - Intelligente Kleidung selber schneidern. O'Reilly, 8 2012. .|
|René Bohne. LumiNet - An Organic Interactive Illumination Network. Master's thesis, RWTH Aachen University, May 2009. .|
More Information about the books, articles in books and articles in magazines:
- Günstiger 3D-Scan-Automat, ct' Hardware Hacks, issue 2/2013, page 32ff
- FabLab - of machines, makers and inventors - "Machines for Personal Fabrication", May 2013, p163ff, ISBN 978-3-83762382-6, transcript Verlag
- Making Things Wearable Intelligente Kleidung selber schneidern, September 2012, ISBN 978-3-86899-191-8, O'Reilly Verlag
- Werkzeug – Denkzeug Manuelle Intelligenz und Transmedialität kreativer Prozesse, November 2012, p 297ff ISBN 978-3-8376-2107-5, transcript Verlag
Created by. Last Modification: Wednesday 14 of October, 2015 19:08:32 by .