The Media Computing GroupAn Endowed Chair of the B-IT Foundation at RWTH Aachen University
interactive. media. research.
ResearchHeaded by Prof. Dr. Jan Borchers, we work in Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Grounded in Computer Science, we develop and study new interaction theories, techniques, and systems in areas like interactive audio and video streams, ubiquitous computing environments, multitouch tables and interactive surfaces, tangible and wearable user interfaces, Physical Computing, personal digital fabrication, user interfaces for software development, and HCI design patterns. Our goal is to make the Brave New World of interactive technologies useful by making it usable. See our older Research Overview, or the research projects listed to your left. Since starting in October 2003, we have become one of Germany's best-published individual research groups at CHI, the premier international conference in the field.
|We're part of the Computer Science Department at RWTH Aachen University, Germany's top-ranked University of Technology and one of Germany's nine Elite Universities. Our group is an Endowed Chair of the German B-IT Foundation.|
TeachingWe offer courses in Human-Computer Interaction, both at RWTH and in the international MSc in Media Informatics at the Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology (B-IT Center). We teach how people interact with computers and technology, and how computer science can open up new ways of interacting with technology and information. See our Teaching Overview, our courses listed to the left, or watch our classes on iTunes U!
- industry talks, trainings and consulting
- user interface design, prototyping, and evaluation
- iOS app development for iPhone&iPad training and consulting
- interactive exhibit design and development for museums and public spaces
Our clients include AirBus, Apple, Bayer, Children's Museum Boston, Handelsblatt, OTIS, Scout24, TEDx, and Telekom.
Our presentations at CHI 2016
Our previous conference presentations: CHI 2015, CHI 2014, CHI 2013, CHI 2012, UIST 2011, CHI 2011
Usability for Everybody in 18 Minutes: Prof. Borchers' TEDx Talk
News & Events
Interested in HCI?
- Jan's Top Ten list of HCI books
- What makes a good PhD student? (Jan, Jan 25, 2006)
- HCI Journals and their Impact Factors (Jan, Jan 30, 2006)
- Other HCI- and Media Computing-related groups at RWTH Aachen University
- Join our low-traffic HCI Announcements list to be informed about HCI-related events at our chair, at RWTH Aachen University and in the area.
Created by borchers.. Last Modification: Thursday 19 of May, 2016 14:20:47 by