Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
If the vinyl cutter is not in the Fab Lab, look for it in room 2221 (Video Lab / Milton's Office).
- Use it to cut rolls of material like vinyl, copper tape, twill, heat transfers, etc.
- Great alternative for vinyl, which would release toxic fumes if cut in the laser cutter
- Also a good alternative to avoid charred edges from laser cutting other materials like thin cardboard
- Overlap cutting (up to 10x), for cutting thicker media like magnetic materials and card stock
- Cutting speed up to 50 cm per second
- Put the vinyl roll inside the cutter and lock it in place by pulling up the lever on the left.
- If your roll is bigger or smaller, you can change the distance between the rolls holding the foil in place.
- Use the white marks as an orientation, select the roll on the screen on the right by using the arrow keys, and press Enter.