Multimodal Media Madness - Winter Semester 2004/2005
Due on Sunday, December 19, 2004 @noon
In this assignment, you will build a patch to control your previously built visualization tool using video input. Some sort of waving/moving/other random gesture should result in more or less controllable change in the visualization.
Using either jit.qt.grab or cyclops and the iSights on top of the screens, build a patch that uses motion or color detection to control your visualization tool. You can follow the example from class, controlling the angle of rotation by detecting the rotatiton of a multicolored object or you can think of your own non-trivial interaction mehtods. Insane amounts of bonus points will be awarded for insane ideas.
You may find the following jitter tutorials helpful:
- 21: Sequence Grabbers
- 25: Color Tracking
as well as the documentation for cyclops.
This assignment is to be completed in groups of 2.
Email an archive (.zip) of your assignment to
Your assignment archive should include all files required to run your patch. Include a short plain text
README file that contains:
- the names and email addresses of all group members
- instructions on how to use your patch
- a short description of your design
- non-obvious things you did (if any)
- if you did any extra credit work, be sure to tell us what you did
It is strongly recommended that you test your submission before sending it to us. If we cannot figure how to open your submission (strange or non-obvious compression format, no README file) then you will get zero.
Be prepared to discuss your solution in the next lab.
The assignment will be graded on the following rough scale:
- 1.0 - exceptional work that clearly went above and beyond what was given on the exercise
- 2.0 - exercise was completed satisfactorily as per the assignment specification
- 3.0 - exercise was completed, but has some problems
- 4.0 - incomplete exercise
- 5.0 - little or no effort was put into the exercise
Late assignments will be graded with a penalty of 0.5 per 24 hour period after the due date.