Live CodingThis page collects Brackets extensions used for the research on live coding tools.
Continuous CompilationA JSLint base continuous compilation extension for Brackets is available on GitHub:
Live CodingThe live coding extension is built just for research purpose and by no means ready for arbitrary production code. Keep in mind that all source code will be executed on your system immediately, including file access. To get started follow these steps:
- Make sure you have Node.js installed.
- Download the zip file below.
- Open Brackets, navigate to Help -> Show Extensions Folder
- Navigate to the disabled folder inside the extensions folder and unzip the package there.
- Symlink the Brackets-Plugin folder to the user folder inside the extensions folder. Assuming you navigated to the extensions/user folder:
ln -s ../disabled/live/Brackets-Plugin live
- Navigate back to the folder extensions/disabled/live/backend/server.
- Install the required node modules by running
- Start the node.js server by running
- Now restart (or reload) Brackets to see live coding in action.
TeamProject Lead: Jan-Peter Krämer
Joachim Kurz Ewgenij Belzmann Björn Heinen
LicenceThe live coding plugin is published under the MIT License (MIT).
Copyright (c) 2014 RWTH Aachen University
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN