Helle Köpfe 2022
In this year, 13 children visited our chair. We showed them our Fab Lab and created personalized badges for each attendee using our lasercutter. Everyone was highly interested in our 3D printers and the lasercutter.
Afterwards, the children created individual simple moving robots using a papercup, a vibration motor and some other parts.
Attaching a pen to the finished robot makes them draw the path they were able to move. For this, we placed some paper beneath them,
Once more and more robots were finished, we created an arena where they could freely move around.
Create your own Robot
To create your own robot, you need the following parts:
- 1 papercup
- 1 vibration motor
- 1 battery (Knopfzelle)
- Tooth picks
- Googly eyes
- Stick the motor to one side of the cup using e.g. Tesa. Make sure that it touches the cup. Otherwise, the cup will not be able to move.
- Create some legs using tooth picks and stick them to the cup. If you replace one leg with a pen, the robot can draw its path.
- Personalize your robot by drawing a mouth or whatever you like.
- Connect the motor to the battery using Tesa
- See your robot walking around