DesPat SyllabusCourse schedule is tentative and subject to change. Links to lecture notes and assignments will be posted as the semester progresses.
Note: You must be registered with the class to download the lecture notes and assignments.
- Apr 20: Class discussion forum is now available (registered students only).
Lecture Schedule and Slides
- Apr 20: Introduction (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- Apr 27: no class (away to CHI)
- May 4: no class (Fachschaftvollversammlung)
- May 11: Off to Alexandria: Patterns in Architecture
- May 18: I Strayed from the Path: Patterns in Software Engineering (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- May 25: Back to Basics: The Structure of Patterns (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- Jun 1: "no class (excursions week)"
- Jun 8: Writers' Workshops
- Jun 10: no lab (Fronleichnam)
- Jun 15: Oops: Alexander on Software Patterns - the OOPSLA'96 Keynote
- Jun 17: Midterm Exam
- Jun 22: Three Pyramids: Interdisciplinary Patterns (Notes)
- Jun 29: Been There, Done That: Existing HCI Design Pattern Languages - Tidwell (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- Jul 6: Been There, Done That: Existing HCI Design Pattern Languages - Landay (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- Jul 13: "So?" - Using Patterns in the Development Process (Notes)
- Jul 20: The Future of HCI Patterns: PLML, Tools, Outlook; Feedback (Slides: 1up, 6up)
- Jul 27: Final Exam