For Nils' portfolio, see nils.beck.name.
Some little helpers I wrote for Mac users living in Aachen:
- iCal calendar containing the latest events around Aachen (parsed from Campuslife.de). Subscribe directly to the link and set the refresh time to once per day (the file is updated at noon). This service has been disabled at request of Campuslife.de - but they are interested in providing such a service themselves.
- iEat (iEat 0.91.dmg): A little menu extra that displays current information on the cafeteria menu at the CS institute on Ahornstr.
- iBus (on Eric's page): menu extra, now fully configurable for bus stations in Aachen; allows you to start a countdown timer by selecting a bus (with alarm sounds at the crucial 7 and 3 minute marks). Data is cached to the user's preferences, so offline viewing is possible. This version was developed by Eric Lee and me. Eric's original iBus 0.1 inspired me to work on an Aseag-grabbing script in the first place.
- Aseag Konfabulator widget: Aseag.widget.zip (may be configured to any single Aseag bus stop via widget preferences; requires Konfabulator)
- The basic shell script demonstrating how to retrieve information from Aseag. aseag.sh
- FileSystemUpdater (FileSystemUpdater 1.0.dmg): a little app to tell the finder that files have changed (to overcome its sluggishness in certain situations, especially while working with XCode or the terminal). Just start the application, it will return immediately after telling the system that all file representations should be updated. Note: this helper should not be necessary on any system running OS X 10.4 or later.
These helpers are provided as is, without any warranty. Use at your own risk. Please note they are independent of each other. Comments/Bug reports are welcome.