Due on Sunday, November 30, 2008 @ midnight
In this assignment, you will be building a sequencer in Max/MSP. A sequencer is a program that acts like a tape recorder for MIDI signals - it can record MIDI signals that it receives on its input and can play them back on its output.
Your MIDI sequencer will be able to record at least 10 notes (pitch values) and play them back in the correct order. You will be building this sequencer using basic Max/MSP objects such as
funbuf. Don't use the premade sequencing objects like
You may also want to read the MAX tutorials 21 and 30.
Some ideas for extra credit for this assignment:
- Recording and playback of arbitrary length sequences
- Preserving the original timing of MIDI events
- Recording of multiple voices
Email an archive of your assignment to
Your assignment archive should include your Max/MSP patch file. Include a short plain text
READMEfile that contains:
- the names and email addresses of all group members
- a short description of what your patch does
- non-obvious things you did (if any)
- if you did any extra credit work, be sure to tell us what you did
Be prepared to discuss your solution in the next lab.
The assignment will be graded on the following rough scale:
- 1.0 - exceptional work that clearly went above and beyond what was given on the exercise
- 2.0 - exercise was completed satisfactorily as per the assignment specification
- 3.0 - exercise was completed, but has some problems
- 4.0 - incomplete exercise
- 5.0 - little or no effort was put into the exercise
Late assignments will be graded with a penalty of 0.5 per 24 hour period after the due date.