Multimodal Media Madness - Winter Semester 2005/2006
In this assignment, you will build a patch to control last week's assignment. You will use color coded circles to manipulate differents aspects of the video.
Using either jit.qt.grab or cyclops and the iSights on top of the screens, build a patch that uses motion or color detection to manipulate differents aspect of the video. For example, you could use red to control brightness of the video and blue to control its position.
Keep in mind, color detection gives you an <x,y> position for each circle. Combine this with motion detection (e.g. velocity of a circle's motion), and you have very interesting input. For example, you could have two handed input for video manipulation.
The are many possiblities for this assignment. Insane amounts of bonus points will be awarded for insane ideas.
You may find the following jitter tutorials helpful:
- 25: Color Tracking.
This assignment is to be completed in groups of 2.
Some ideas for extra credit for this assignment:
- Discuss this with me during class.
Email an archive (.zip) of your assignment to
Your assignment archive should include all files required to run your patch. Include a short plain text
README file that contains:
- the names and email addresses of all group members
- instructions on how to use your patch
- a short description of your design
- non-obvious things you did (if any)
- if you did any extra credit work, be sure to tell us what you did
It is strongly recommended that you test your submission before sending it to us. If we cannot figure how to open your submission (strange or non-obvious compression format, no README file) then you will get zero.
Be prepared to discuss your solution in the next lab.
The assignment will be graded on the following rough scale:
- 1.0 - exceptional work that clearly went above and beyond what was given on the exercise
- 2.0 - exercise was completed satisfactorily as per the assignment specification
- 3.0 - exercise was completed, but has some problems
- 4.0 - incomplete exercise
- 5.0 - little or no effort was put into the exercise
Late assignments will be graded with a penalty of 0.5 per 24 hour period after the due date.