Course Information WS 2005-06
- HDP Podcast: Lecture videos are now being podcasted. Not sure what podcasting is? You'll no longer need to download videos manually - iTunes will do it when a new one is posted. Read section 'Make a Request' for instructions. You'll need the newest version of iTunes.
- If you plan to take this class, please send a 4-line email to Tico (ballagas(at)cs.rwth-aachen.de) with your:
- first name
- last name
- matriculation number
- email address
After you send this email, you will be given a web account to access the lecture slides. Please send this information exactly as described (but without the leading "-"), as it will be processed automatically. Note: you will receive the login only at the beginning of the lectures.
- Book update: You can purchase the book "A Pattern Approach to Interaction Design" directly from our secretary (Rm 2313) for 39,17 Euros.
Lecture schedule and slides
- 18.10.2005 Introduction, Interdisciplinary Design
- 25.10.2005 Off to Alexandria: patterns in architecture
- reading section 2.1 PAID (pp. 9-22)
- 1.11.2005 "no class (Allerheiligen)"
- 8.11.2005 "no class (Fachschaftsvollversammlung)"
- 15.11.2005 I strayed from the path: patterns in software engineering
- reading section 2.2 PAID (pp. 22-26)
- reading section 3.1 PAID (pp. 52-54)
- reading section 3.3 PAID (pp. 63-64)
- reading section 3.4 PAID (pp. 65-73)
- reading section 2.3 PAID (pp. 26-43)
- reading section 2.4 PAID (pp. 43-49)
- reading pattern browser
- reading section 3.2 PAID (pp. 54-63)
- reading ubicomp patterns and paper
- reading Community-based learning pattern
Lab and assignments
- Discussion of Interdisciplinary Cooperation
- Assignment 1 (due: Wed, 02 November 2005, before lab)
- What makes a good pattern?
- Boring office building pattern language (TWOB pp. 228-230)
- Indian Inn Dialog (TWOB pp. 270-274)
- Madhouse Balcony (TWOB pp. 283-284)
- Ground Floor Shops: Pattern to be reviewed in Writers' workshop on 09.11.2005
- Assignment 2 (due: Wed, 23 November 2005, before lab)
- Assignment 3 (due: Wed, 7 December 2005, before lab)
- Final Project (due: Tue, 25 January 2005, before lab)