Current Topics in HCI, SS 2006
- 08.09.2006 - Full Schein grades
- 21.08.2006 - Scheins are available in the Secretary's office (2313)
- 10.07.2006 - Midterm solutions have been posted.
- 03.07.2006 - Please register for the final exam before Friday, 7.7. @17:00. If you do not register, you may not be able to write the final exam.
- 30.06.2006 - The midterms are available for pickup in Eric's office. Otherwise, they will be handed back during the lab. Raw score -> grades mapping is as follows:
|Raw Score (/55)||50+||47 - 49,9||44 - 46,9||42 - 43,9||39 - 41,9||36 - 38,9||33 - 35,9||30 - 32,9||28 - 29,9||25 - 27,9||22 - 24,9||<22|
- 21.06.2006 - CHI 2006 proceedings -- This will give you an overview of potential research areas and list recent papers.
- 14.06.2006 - Lab is cancelled (Dies Academicus). The new assignment will be posted today.
- 28.5.2006 - Midterm Review
- 16.5.2006. The midterm takes place in room 2010 on Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 10:00-11:00.
- Questions relate to the topics and assignments covered in class and in lab.
- 9.5.2006: Discussion forum now open.
- The textbook for this course is sold at libri.de (ships immediately) as well as amazon.de (ships after 9 days) (thanks René for the tip).
- High-resolution lecture videos: S-INF.de
Part I: Humane Desktop Interfaces (from Jef Raskin, The Humane Interface)
- Apr 04: Introduction (lecture video)
Reading: The Humane Interface, Chapter 2 (pp 17-32)]
- Apr 11: Attention, ModesReading: The Humane Interface, Chapter 3
- Apr 19: Keystroke-Level Modelling (lecture video)
Reading: The Humane Interface, Chapter 4
- Apr 25: no class (CHI 2006)
- May 02: Unification (lecture video)
Reading: The Humane Interface, Chapter 5
- May 09: Navigation (ZoomWorld Flash demo) (lecture video)
Reading: The Humane Interface, Chapter 6
Part II: UI Modeling (from other sources)
- May 16: State machines (lecture video)
** Assignment 4: Incremental Search
- May 23: Statecharts (lecture video)
- May 30: Midterm Exam (solutions)
- June 06: no class (Pfingsten)
- Jun 13: Matrices (Eric)
Reading: Harold Thimbleby, "User Interface Design With Matrix Algebra" (ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, Vol. 11, No. 2, June 2004, Pages 181–236).
Part III: Hot Topics in HCI (from selected current literature)
- Jun 20: Multi-Touch Interfaces (David) (lecture video)
- Jun 27: Tabletop Displays and Haptics (David)
- PlayAnywhere: A Compact Tabletop Computer Vision System - Wilson UIST '05
- A Role for Haptics in Mobile Interaction: Initial Design Using a Handheld Tactile Display Prototype - Luk et al. CHI 2006
- Jul 04: Haptics (con't) and Expressive Interfaces + Course Evaluation (lecture video) (Eric)
- Feeling What You Hear: Tactile Feedback for Navigation of Audio Graphs - Wall et al. CHI 2006
- The E in NIME: Musical Expression with New Computer Interfaces - Dobrian and Koppelman NIME 2006
- Jul 11: Final Exam