Media Computing Project
Download the video
Research ThemeIn SS12, this lab will be about writing with an iPhone. Yes, you heard right. Use your iPhone as a stylus to generate strokes.
You will explore different ways to capture the movement of the phone in groups and combine your results in a fully running prototype.
Main challenges for you will be:
- finding out what can be tracked (position,movement,orientation, writing) using the built in hardware
- developing powerful machine learning algorithms (likely based on SVMs).
- finding ways to improve the stroke input to something that is similar to hand writing.
RequirementsBeing ambitious about the project is the most important thing. You will be doing a lot for your credits :-)
Prior experience with machine learning and human-computer interaction are big plusses. (*hint* describe your experience in your application form *hint*)
Learning room (L2P)tba
- evaluation of what can be tracked from the different input channels. (30%)
- full-blown implementation of the tracking software of your group's input channel (20%)
- sensor fusion (10%)
- web log (20%)
- 3 page summary per person (10%)
- final presentation (10%)
Contactask Max or Chat for more information.
Created by. Last Modification: Thursday 12 of January, 2012 15:19:07 by .