About CocoaHeadsCocoaHeads.org is an international group devoted to discussion of Apple's Cocoa Framework for programming on Mac OS X. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.
We are the CocoaHeads Aachen Chapter, hosted by the Media Computing and Human-Computer Interaction Group at RWTH Aachen University and supported by Apple. We get together for informal short talks and demos, have a pizza, and talk code.
For a more informal get-together, check out the almost weekly NSCoderNight Köln events (in Cologne).
WhenWe get together on the last Thursday of each month at 7 PM in room 2222 (see below for directions). Free food and drinks are provided courtesy of Apple.
- * Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 7 p.m. in RWTH Computer Science Centre, Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Room 2222
- Celebrate our 5th birthday - with a mini hackathon, cake and books!!
- [Talk] Phillip Kessels: The lesser known Apple PubSub-Framework
- Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 7 p.m. in RWTH Computer Science Centre, Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Room 2222
- Discuss developer related news
Joining UsBecause space is limited, participation is by invitation only. To join:
- Simply send Michael an email with your Apple/iPhone Developer ID (so we can share developer-only information), a paragraph about your current Cocoa development skills and interests, and past and current Cocoa projects. (We probably won't have to send you away without invitation, but we need to have a headcount to switch rooms if necessary, and to get enough food and drinks for everybody.)
- Sign up for our low-traffic CocoaHeads Aachen mailing list. Michael will validate your subscription request.
- Subscribe to our iCal calendar.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Visit our group on facebook or join the global CocoaHeads group.
DirectionsWe meet at RWTH Aachen University, in the Computer Science Center ("Informatikzentrum"), Main Building ("Hauptbau"), second floor, room 2222 (accessible through the staircase in the foyer), Ahornstr. 55, 52074 Aachen, Germany (Google Maps).
There is a parking lot in front of the side entrance on Halifaxstraße. Here are some more detailed directions for public transport and cars.
The building will be locked around 7 p.m., so just drop in a few minutes earlier to be on the safe side... If you are late, just call +49 241 80 - 21060 so someone can open the door.
- April 25, 2013: Thorsten Karrer: "Mac App Store receipt checking"
- March 28, 2013: "Pitch your App"
- February 28, 2013: Amin Negm-Awad: Preview of Objective-Cloud
- January 31, 2013: Max Stottrop: "Searching for Delight" (User Experience, Slides [26 MB, Keynote, including Videos], Slides [5 MB, PDF])
- December 20, 2012: Manuel Carrasco Molina: "CouchDB for Cocoa Folks"
- November 29, 2012:
- October 25, 2012: Torsten Kammer: "SceneKit" (Slides, Sample Code)
- September 27, 2012:
- August 30, 2012:
- July 26, 2012: Torsten Kammer: "OpenAL (3D Audio, especially for games)" (Slides)
- June 28, 2012: dorkbot Introduction & WWDC Roundup
- May 22, 2012: Martin Winter: "Introduction to Core Text programming" (Sample Code on GitHub)
- April 26, 2012: Alexander Reichstadt: "Native Database Applications on OS X"
- March 29, 2012: Martin Winter: "A Case Study in Storyboards" (Slides, Slides-Video "iPad overview", Slides-Video "Branched views")
- February 23, 2012: Kai Brüning: "From Garbage Collection to ARC - a field report" (Slides)
- January 26, 2012: Max Stottrop: "In-App-Purchase" (Slides)
- December 14, 2011: Werner Lonsing: "Augmented Reality" (Slides)
- November 24, 2011:
- October 25, 2011:
- September 29, 2011: Stefan Hafeneger: "AV Foundation"
- August 25, 2011: Thorsten Karrer, Moritz Wittenhagen: "OpenGL Core Profile" (Slides, Code)
- July 28, 2011: OS X Lion — FAQ session
- June 22, 2011: "Bring your Code" & WWDC Roundup
- May 26, 2011:
- April 28, 2011: Torsten Kammer: "OpenGL on Mac OS X and iOS" (Slides, Code)
- March 31, 2011:
- February 24, 2011: Manuel Carrasco Molina: Address Book APIs for iOS & Mac OS X (Slides)
- January 27, 2011: Stefan Hafeneger: Mac App Store
- August 26, 2010: Manuel Carrasco Molina: XMPP/Jabber and ObjectiveC XMPP Slides
- July 29, 2010: Newest developments and gadgets for iPads
- July 1, 2010: Werner Lonsing: Layers and Animation (Slides, Code only by request)
- May 27, 2010: Stefan Hafeneger
- April 29, 2010: Dömötör Gulyás: Bonjour/Zeroconf; Trying out the iPad
- March 25, 2010: David Detry: Optimizing application startup time with Instruments.
- February 25, 2010: Werner Lonsing: "MapKit" (Slides)
- January 27, 2010: Apple Keynote about the new iPad
- December 17, 2009: Stefan Hafeneger: "Aperture TiltShift PlugIn" (no slides and code this time)
- November 26, 2009: Udo Borkowski: "Ruby & Cocoa" (Slides and Ruby Sample Code)
- October 29, 2009: Jan Peter Krämer: "Cocoa Reverse Engineering and Mail Plugin Development" (Slides and Code)
- September 24, 2009: Stefan Hafeneger: "My Summer at Apple"; Kai Brüning: New Snow Leopard Technologies: Blocks, Grand Central Dispatch (GCD) (sorry, no slides this time)
- August 27, 2009: Thomas Voßen, "CUDA on Mac OS X" (Slides and Sample Code); StuffMC, "iPhone projects"
- July 30, 2009: Udo Borkowski, "Spotlight Programming" (Sildes, Resources (22MB))
- June 18, 2009: Werner Lonsing, "QTKit" (Slides, Sample Code)
- May 28, 2009: Torsten Kammer, "Cocoa Higher Order Messaging" (Slides and Sample Code)
- April 29, 2009: Stefan Hafeneger, "Scripting Bridge" (Keynote Slides, Sample Code)
- March 26, 2009: Amin Negm-Awad, "Aspect-Oriented Programming"; Stefan Hafeneger, "Bonjour Demystified" (Slides)
- February 26, 2009: Kai Brüning, "Unit Tests - Aufzucht und Pflege" (Slides and Sample Code); Stefan Hafeneger, "Cocoa PlugIns" (Slides)
- January 29, 2009: Udo Borkowski, "Porting a Windows MFC Application to Cocoa" (PDF of Keynote Slides)
- November 27, 2008: Amin Negm-Awad, "Dispatching in Objective-C" (Keynote Slides); Stefan Hafeneger, "Distributed Objects" (Keynote Slides, Sample Code)
- October 30, 2008: Werner Lonsing, "GPS: More than WhereAmI" (Keynote Slides)
- September 25, 2008: Kai Brüning, "Plug-ins for Interface Builder 3" (video to be done, Sample Code)
- August 28, 2008: Stefan Hafeneger, "Developing multi-touch Applications for Mac OS X" (video to be done)
- July 31, 2008: Amin Negm-Awad, "Advanced Cocoa Bindings" (video to be done, Sample Code)
- June 26, 2008: Werner Lonsing, "CoreImage: Digital Arts for Cocoa Developers"; Jonathan Diehl: "iPhone and SQLite" (CoreImage Resources, iPhone SQLite sample code)
- May 29, 2008: Stefan Hafeneger, "iPhone DataMatrix Reader: from Zero to Hero". (barcode reader Source Code)
- April 24, 2008
- ... (meetings started earlier in 2008)
NSCoder NightWe have organized a few NSCoder Night events in Aachen and Cologne recently. These are entirely informal events with no presentations, just a get-together where you bring the project you're working on and talk code with others.
Currently, there are no planned events in Aachen, but why not visit the weekly NSCoderNight Köln in Cologne?
Other Activities in the AreaThere are more Cocoa events happening in the area than you might think! Here are a few pointers:
CocoaHeads home page for additional chapters in Germany and elsewhere!
Created by borchers. Last Modification: Friday 10 of May, 2013 15:01:04 by .