Current Topics in Media Computing and Human–Computer Interaction
[CAMPUS] [L2P] [|iTunes U]
- iTunes U link will be published after the first lecture
- L2P: Link (Will be open after the first lab)
- CAMPUS: Link
- First lecture: April 14, 10:15am, room 2222. Can't register? We will solve your problem in the first lab on April 16th.
Content:This class covers basic research methods and current research trends in Human–Computer Interaction and Media Computing. We use a mix of recent book chapters and papers from conferences and journals of the last few years to give you an idea of how HCI research is conducted, and of the hot topics that are being worked on in the international research community. Examples from past years include interactive surfaces, tangible user interfaces, hybrid documents, human computation, gestural input, and personal fabrication. The class explains the differences between empirical, ethnographic and systems research in HCI, and how to quickly retrieve and evaluate information from existing literature, a skill you will need for your Master's thesis and future research work in HCI.
Course Allocation:ECTS Credits: 6
This lecture will be held in English. All assignments submissions and exams will be in English.
The primary audience for this class are Master students of Computer Science, Media Informatics, Software Systems Engineering, and Technical Communication.
For a full list of eligible programs, see CAMPUS
|Dates||What to do||Remarks|
|30.3. – 10.4.15||Register for the lecture in CAMPUS System|| • Only 30 seats are available on this course due to limited resource for the lab. |
• We will allocate the slots based on students' background in HCI and in our previous courses.
• TK students with PO 2010 and students from other majors: drop Nur an email for registration.
|16.4.15||Registration result announcement.||Make sure that you have access to L2P.|
|05.6.15||Last date to deregister|
|(to be announced)||Register for the exam|
|lecture||Tue 10:15h – 11:45h||Room 2222|
|lab||Thu 08:15h – 09:45h||Room 2222|
Midterm Tue 09.06.2015, 10:00 – 12:00. Room 2222, Ahornstr. 55
Final (1st Chance) Tue 28.07.2015, 10:00 – 12:00. Room AH 6, Ahornstr. 55
Final (2nd Chance) Tue 11.08.2015, 10:00 – 11:30. Room 2222, Ahornstr. 55
Missing the examSee: Exam descision tree
- If you cannot attend the exam with valid reasons (medical reason, exam schedule conflicts), you need to inform us before the exam, and submit a scanned copy of the evidence (medical certificate, course registration, boarding passes) within 5 days after the exam.
- If the reason for missing the exam is valid, you will do your first try of the exam for the parts that you missed on the same date as the second chance exam.
- If the reason is not valid, you will not get any score from that exam. If your overall score passed the course, you will not have a chance to take the exam again.
- If you fail the course in the overall score, you will have to take both parts of the exam in the second chance.
Preliminary schedule (click for full size):
Grading:Your grade will be calculated as follows:
|Mini HCI research project A04|
- Course information SS 2014
- Course information SS 2013
- Course information SS 2011
- Course information SS 2010
- Course information SS 2009
- Course information SS 2008
- Course information SS 2007
- Course information SS 2006
- Course information WS 0405
Created by. Last Modification: Tuesday 24 of March, 2015 10:47:10 by .