Current Topics in Media Computing and Human–Computer Interaction
- 15.08.13 Current Topics in HCI for SS 2013 is officially ended. SS 2013 archive
Allocation:The primary audience for this class are Master students of Computer Science, Media Informatics, and Software Systems Engineering.
For a full list of eligible programs, see CAMPUS
Number SWS: V2 + U3
ECTS Credits: 6
This lecture will be held in English. All assignments submissions and exams will be in English.
Content:This class covers basic research methods and current research trends in Human–Computer Interaction and Media Computing. We use a mix of recent book chapters and papers from conferences and journals of the last few years to give you an idea of how HCI research is conducted, and of the hot topics that are being worked on in the international research community. Examples from past years include interactive surfaces, tangible user interfaces, hybrid documents, human computation, gestural input, and personal fabrication. The class explains the differences between empirical, ethnographic and systems research in HCI, and how to quickly retrieve and evaluate information from existing literature, a skill you will need for your Master's thesis and future research work in HCI.
|Tue 10:00h - 11:30h||Room 2222||lecture|
|Wed 13:00h - 14:30h||Room 2222||lab|
Grading:Your grade will be calculated as follows:
|Assignments and lab activities|
Missing the examSee: Exam descision tree
- If you cannot attend the exam with valid reasons (medical reason, exam schedule conflicts), you need to inform us before the exam, and submit a scanned copy of the evidence (medical certificate, course registration, boarding passes) within 5 days after the exam.
- If the reason for missing the exam is valid, you will do your first try of the exam for the parts that you missed on the same date as the second chance exam.
- If the reason is not valid, you will not get any score from that exam. If your overall score passed the course, you will not have a chance to take the exam again.
- If you fail the course in the overall score, you will have to take both parts of the exam in the second chance.
- Course information SS 2013
- Course information SS 2011
- Course information SS 2010
- Course information SS 2009
- Course information SS 2008
- Course information SS 2007
- Course information SS 2006
- Course information WS 0405
Created by. Last Modification: Thursday 15 of August, 2013 12:18:33 by .