Current Topics in Media Computing and Human–Computer Interaction
This lecture will be available on iTunes U.
This class covers basic research methods and current research trends in Human–Computer Interaction. We use a mix of recent book chapters and papers from conferences and journals of the last few years to give you an idea of how HCI research is conducted, and of the hot topics that are being worked on in the international research community. Examples from past years include interactive surfaces, tangible user interfaces, human computation, gestural input, interactive textiles, augmented reality, and personal fabrication. The class explains the differences between empirical, ethnographic and systems research in HCI, and how to quickly retrieve and evaluate information from existing literature, a skill you will need for your Master's thesis and future research work in HCI.
CTHCI SS17 course starts on 25.04.2017 to 26.07.2017 (14 weeks), 11 lectures (4 research methods and 6 topics), 12 labs, 3 two-week assignments, and a final project.
- 28.04.17 There will be no studio (lecture) next week.
- 28.04.17 Video clips of lectures will appear in Learning Material. Please watch before the next studio (9.05.)
- 26.04.17 For your group formation, email me your names and cc your team mates
- 26.04.17 View the in-progress list of reading assignmnets here (available in Learning Material)
- 24.04.17 Print and sign the declaration of compliance and bring it to the lab on 26.04.
- 19.04.17 Course registration is now opened in Campus system
- 28.03.17 First lecture will be on Tue 25.04.2017, 10:15h – 11:45h in Room 2222, Ahornstr. 55
Course AllocationECTS Credits: 6
Students: Capacity 40 students (will be announced after the second lecture). Priorirty to Master students of Computer Science, Media Informatics, Software Systems Engineering, and Technical Communication
Register on CAMPUS.
Course Dates and Locations
|Studio||Tue||10:15h – 11:45h||Room 2222, Ahornstr. 55||First lecture on 25.04.17|
|Lab||Wed||14:15h – 15:45h||Room 2222, Ahornstr. 55||First lab on 26.04.17|
|Midterm||Tue 30.05.2017 (not confirmed)||10:15h – 11:45h||TBD|
|Final (1st Chance)||Wed 09.08.2017||11:00h – 12:00h||Room 2356 (AH V), Ahornstr. 55|
|Final and Midterm (2nd Chance)||Fri 25.08.2017||14:00h – 15:00h||Room 2354 (AH IV), Ahornstr. 55|
|Mini HCI research project|
InstructorsFor any questions about the class, contact Nur Hamdan.
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Jan Borchers
- Teaching Assistants: Nur Hamdan, M.Sc.
- Invited talks by Christian Corsten, Simon Voelker, Christian Cherek, Krishna Subramanian, M.Sc., Paulina Reijsmeijer, M.Sc.
Learning Material (here)
Previous OfferingsSS 2016 - SS 2015 - SS 2014 - SS 2013 - SS 2011 - SS 2010 - SS 2009 - SS 2008 - SS 2007 - SS 2006 - WS 2004/2005
Created by. Last Modification: Friday 28 of April, 2017 02:25:43 by .